Hundreds of members of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Baltimore are celebrating the Holy month of Ramadan during from June 6- July 5th, 2016. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Print your Ramadan calendar (with a checklist) by clicking here.
2. We will have Dars, Iftar, Salat and Tiraweeh DAILY during the month of Ramadan.
3. From Monday – Thursday we will be following a shorter program as follows:
Arrive ten minutes before Iftar for Dars-ul-Quran followed by Maghrib, Simple dinner, Isha and a short Tiraweeh. Plan to adjourn by 10:30 pm
4. Friday – Sunday we will have full program as follows:
Dars at 7:45 PM followed by Iftar, Maghrib, Dinner, Isha and Tiraweeh by Hafiz Abdul Qudus. Plan to adjourn by 10:45 pm
5. Please do not bring any food or drink in the prayer areas – both upstairs and downstairs.
6. Cleanliness is everyone’s responsibility. Make sure you pick up even the smallest crumb of food/trash from the floor and keep the mosque absolutely clean.
7. I urge you to sacrifice your comforts to make it a true Ramadan. Kindly share this message with your families and remind them to participate in the above.
We will appoint weekly “Group Leaders” to oversee the above plan. Naib Sadr Nasir Jamil sb remains overall incharge for all the Ramadan activities. Let’s extend our 100% cooperation to these brothers.
We have an open door policy for all our Muslim and non-Muslims guests.Come in peace, go with peace.
Here are links to some useful Ramadan resources for your whole family:
- Read and listen to Holy Quran in multiple languages here.
- A List of Ramadan Resolutions (PDF)
- Find Alislam’s Dars-ul-Quran archive here.
- Presentation: An Elementary Guide to Ramadan (pptx)
- Presentation: Ramadan for Kids (pptx)
- Prayers at the beginning and opening of the fast
- Blessed month of Ramadan: Summary of Friday Sermon, August 28th, 2009
- Excellence of fasting during Ramadan: Summary of Friday Sermon, September 21th, 2007
- Excellence of fasting during Ramadan: Summary of Friday Sermon, September 14th, 2007
- Video: Questions about Ramadhan on Faith Matters
- Laylatul Qadr – the Night of Destiny Summary of Friday Sermon, August 27th, 2010
- A comprehensive discourse on various prayers at the last day of Ramadhan: Summary of Friday Sermon, September 10th, 2010
- And much more.